Course Counselling Term 3
The Course Counselling process is continuing this term. The Careers team can help students to choose their subjects and electives for 2022.
The MEC Course Centre has a lot of information for you, including a 'Virtual' Careers Expo to find out about University and TAFE courses when you finish school and helping you to plan what high school subjects can lead you towards your preferred career.
The MEC Course Centre can be found at:
Year 8 Career exploration
If you are a Year 8 student and starting to think about your future career, there are lots of resources here for you.
Contact Chris Wood in the Careers office for more assistance - email@example.com
- Start with the Career Targets - choose a target that matches your current skills and interests.
- There is a link to the jobs in each 'level' of the target.
- The next activity is My future, which is a free career planning tool with lots of information about Careers (A-Z).
- Mount Erin College has a Career Action plan that you will need to complete - go to your Compass login and find the Insights tab.
- You can also start to put together your resume by going to the Students tab on this Website. This is in preparation for when you turn 15 and can start to look for a part-time job.
- You can already apply for a Tax File number now which will be required when you set up a bank account and start your first job.
How to contact the Careers Team
Chris Wood - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Caro Baring - email email@example.com
The Interactive Wheel of Information, Communications and Technology Careers has links to video interviews with young people working in a wide range of IT careers.
Interactive Careers Wheel
Build your career profile with My future (https://myfuture.edu.au)
This is a free Career tool that you can use. There is lots of information.
MAKE YOUR RESUME
There is a great Resume maker on this website. Go to the 'For Students' Tab, then select Student Secure Area.
Register your details then login - go to Resume and start entering your information. it is really easy. You can choose the style and look when you are finished - save and print!
How a VCE Study Score is calculated
See the short video from the VCAA Here
Year 9 - resources for Health Careers
Here are some fantastic links to Health careers, training and work experience:
- Allied Health Professions - CAREERS
- Pathways to Becoming a Health Professional - CAREERS
- How to become a doctor - CAREERS
- Work experience for year 10 - Hands on Health program
- Volunteering with St John's Ambulance - Youth membership