image description

Mount Erin College Careers

Our aim is to provide you with all the latest information that will help you make decisions about your future career and your life beyond school.

You can use this site to locate University, TAFE and any other type of course across Australia, get information about the VCE, search for job vacancies and much more. Feel free to drop into the Careers Office if you have any questions.

Year 12 VTAC Deadlines

Key VTAC dates for year 12 students
If you are planning to apply for tertiary study for 2021(including those taking a GAP year), here are the Key dates for the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre:

Applications open                               Monday 3 August 2020
Timely course applications close      Wednesday 30 September 2020
SEAS and Scholarships apps close  Friday 9 October 2020
VCE results and ATAR released         Wednesday 30 December 2020
Change of preference deadline for January offers
                                                             12pm, Monday 4 January 2021
January offers released                     Thursday 14 January 2021
Change of preference deadline for February round 1   
                                                             12pm, Thursday 21 January 2021
February round 1 offers released      Monday 1 February 2021

The Careers Team and year 12 teachers will provide further information and support during Term 3, to assist students to prepare their VTAC, SEAS and Scholarship applications.

Chris Wood will be attending a VTAC briefing in mid-July to find out the latest information, and what consideration will be given for COVID-19.

Course and Subject Selection is Happening Now!

To find out how to choose your subjects for 2021, please go to the Mount Erin College Course Site:
Students in years 8-11 need to finalise their subject choice by Monday 27th July.

How to contact the Careers office staff

Chris Wood - email
Caro Baring - email

Technology Careers

The Interactive Wheel of Information, Communications and Technology Careers has links to video interviews with young people working in a wide range of IT careers.
Interactive Careers Wheel

WIRL My Career

WIRL My Career lets you watch short videos (segments) of young people in a wide range of jobs, to help you know if these jobs may be something you would enjoy.
Password: mterin17
You can also do a Career Discovery Search or a Career quiz.

My Future

Build your career profile with My future (
This is a free Career tool that you can use. There is lots of information.


There is a great Resume maker on this website. Go to the 'For Students' Tab, then select Student Secure Area.
Register your details then login - go to Resume and start entering your information. it is really easy. You can choose the style and look when you are finished - save and print!

How a VCE Study Score is calculated

See the short video from the VCAA Here

Year 9 - resources for Health Careers

Here are some fantastic links to Health careers, training and work experience: